Jennifer Garner – Elektra
The Jennifer Garner Workout & Diet Routine for Elektra
Bio-American actress, Jennifer Garner was born on April 17, 1972 in Houston, Texas. She first gained popularity as a CIA agent, Sydney Bristow in the ABC series Alias, which aired for five seasons that spanned from 2001 to 2006. Jennifer boosted her career on the big screen by landing a role in the 2001 movie, Pearl Harbor. She followed up that feat with a 2002 role in Catch Me If You Can. Garner later went on to star in Daredevil, 13 Going on 30, Elektra and Juno. Garner is married and has two kids with actor and director, Ben Affleck.
Jennifer Garner Exercise & Workout Routine
Garner starred in the 2005 superhero film that was directed by Rob Bowman. The movie depicted Garner as Elektra, a Marvel Comic action hero who is an international assassin who wields a pair of sai. To prepare her celebrity fitness for the role, Jennifer turned to personal trainer Valerie Waters to lean down her body into the action hero she portrayed. Waters put together the Jennifer Garner workout training program that included cardio exercises, resistance circuit training, and interval training.
This mixture of training styles helped keep the Jennifer’s heart elevated during the workout while building lean muscle tissue at the same time. These training methods are very effective for people who do not have a lot of time for their workouts. Her workouts lasted from 45 to 60 minutes each and were performed six days a week. The program allowed Garner to be quick on her feet, lean, defined and fierce for the intense filming that ensued.
Garner’s training lasted about an hour six days a week. Her workouts began with a 10-minute warm up on the treadmill that followed a preparation phase that consisted of light stretching and dynamic exercises. Her cardio exercises included 30 minutes of interval training where she would sprint for two minutes and walk to one minute to turbo-boost her metabolism. Interval training revs your fat burning potential for up to 48 hours after your workout. It’s no doubt that her personal trainer pushed her through this cardio technique.
Her weight training included circuit workouts that paired a group of exercises that were completed without rest in between exercises. This helped the actress to sustain a high heart rate while packing on lean muscle. Garner performed three circuits during each circuit workout. After her circuits were completed she then went on to a light stretching routine to increase her flexibility. Her exercises included lunges with medicine balls, chest presses and shoulder presses.
A sample week of Jennifer Garner workout schedule:
- Day 1 – Circuit training on back, chest, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and abs. Exercise routine includes step-ups, pull-downs, chest presses on a stability ball and reverse lunges.
- Day 2 – Mat Pilates exercises for core strengthening.
- Day 3 – 40 minutes on the treadmill, stationary bike, and elliptical trainer. She ends her cardio routine with a 5 minute abs workout. Some days, she spends all 40 minutes of cardio to one machine, while on others she spends time on all 3.
- Day 4 – Circuit training as on Day 1, concentrating on biceps, triceps, hips and shoulders.
- Day 5 – Floor Pilates exercises focussing on core strengthening
- Day 6 & 7 – Rest day
Jennifer Garner Diet & Fitness Plan
Garner took part in a diet program that focused on protein and carbohydrates that were consumed every three hours. Her trainer kept a close eye on her portion sizes to control her calorie intake. Some of Garner’s breakfast options included egg white omelets with vegetables and fruit or Kashi cereal with soymilk that provided lots of protein for the actress. Another breakfast choice for Garner was oatmeal mixed with protein powder. Three hours later, the actress consumed a snack that included apples, almonds or yogurt. Her mid-day lunch consisted of salads with lean chicken breast or turkey wraps with vegetables. Dinner typically included chicken or fish with even more green vegetables. Garner avoided starchy carbohydrates like breads or pastas. Her program allowed her to burn fat and build lean muscle so that she was agile and fierce looking for her role as Elektra.
Jennifer Garner Diet sample daily meal plan:
- Breakfast – Oatmeal or egg white omelet with a cup of fresh fruit, ideally blueberries. Other breakfast options are high-protein Kashi cereal with soy milk, or oatmeal mixed with protein powder.
- Mid morning snack – Apple slices with almond butter or fruit with lowfat yogurt.
- Lunch – Chicken or white fish with Mango chutney, steamed vegetables and a mixed green salad or a turkey wrap made with a whole wheat tortilla and vegetables
- Snack – Whole wheat Wasa crackers with low-fat cheese.
- Dinner – Grilled salmon in a citrus ginger sauce with asparagus and red-leaf lettuce salad with an occasional light beer or glass of wine
In my opinion, her trainer designed an excellent program that kept the actress burning fat all day long. Circuit training really turns up the fat burning dial. Interval training also helps you to burn fat all day long, even while at rest. Although the Jennifer Garner Workout training methods are intense, the rewards are endless. Garner quickly reached her goals and looked absolutely stunning on the big screen.